I’ve always been a huge fan of Sonoda penmods. I started with a replica of his emboss before he released its tutorial, and I’ve also made replicas of his g3 and his kt. This time I am going to explain you how to make his kt 🙂
Let’s get started!
Stuff needed :
- 1 blue wc DC
- 3 or 4 blue sailor gel grips (depend if you want it perfect symmetrical)
- 1 or 2 blue sarasa grips (depend if you want it perfect symmetrical)
- 2 small CT caps
- 2 drgrip metal rings
- 2 signo tips
- 2 G3 grips
- Some clear tape
20-20.5cm (Sonoda’s hands are very small so we can feel the mod is longer. But according to his pictures on Twitter, the length should be between what I said)
- Put like 8mm of sarasa grip and 1 block of 4 stripes of sailor gel grip onto the big cap. You’ll need a 4 stripes sailor gel block including the smallest ring.
- Screw signo tip at the top of the big cap
- Cut about 1cm of small CT cap from the bottom and put it as shown: half inside and half outside.
- Add a drgrip ring at the top
Put g3 grip as shown, in order to cover the small CT cap and the metal ring
Remove the smallest ring of your remaining sailor grip and put it on the cap so you can get the effect of a big sailor grip.
Add some tape on each extremity of your wc barrel and put caps on it.
Comment : for me a very great kt medium weight. The weight distribution is perfect for my spin and my hands. If you got the stuff and interested about Sonoda’s style spinning, I advise you to make this replica 🙂